Thursday, December 16, 2010

This Lil' Birdie Likes Food: Cheerio Bars

Two posts in one day!  YAY!  Both food!  YAY!  Bad for diet but who cares!

Cheerio bars.

I think these might just be the perfect snack.  Salty, sweet, peanut butter, cheerios... What's not to love?!

What you'll need:

5 cups Cheerios
3 tbsp butter (yes, this must be real butter.  because I say so.)
1 bag mini marshmallows
1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy, smooth, organic, doesn't matter)

Toss all the butter into a big ol' pan and heat it over low heat.  Don't burn your butter (it smells icky)


Once it's all good & melted, toss in your marshmallows & keep it on low heat
Now, you want these to completely melt.  No big ol' lumpy clumps.... It should look less like this and more like this...
When you get here, dump in your peanut butter and stir it all up...
Obviously I used crunchy pb cause that's all I had and it's just better that way....
Then take it off the heat and throw in your cheerios...
Mix well and be sure you've greased (aka: Pam'd) a glass baking dish...

Then dump your cheerio/marshmallow/peanutbutter mixture into the baking dish...

I stuff my hand into a plastic bag and push it down flat.  Like such.

And then you just let them cool and then cut into squares.  Cheerio Bars.  Yum!


P.s. This recipe is super easy to half which is what I did for this recipe since I had a half a bag of marshmallows cause I ate the rest.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment