Monday, June 11, 2012

This Lil' Birdie Cooks: Shrimp & Grits

It's not very often that I cook dinner and am wowed by my own food.  It's normally a general feeling of "meh" and being underwhelmed that I followed the recipe to the tiniest pinch of spice and it didn't work out like I wanted.  But Friday night was a whole different story.

I found this recipe in Southern Living for grilled shrimp & cheesy corn grits and let's be honest, give me cheese, grits, corn & shrimp and I'm a happy happy girl.

But that seemed like a LOT of work for some silly ol' corn and shrimp, so I improvised.

And this is how it turned out...

YUM!  I actually boiled my corn & then made the grits the same way listed in the recipe.  But thanks to Pinterest, I found this shrimp recipe and ooooh it was good!

So go on.  Try it.  I promise you'll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment