Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Oooh, Dream Weaver...

I am, without a doubt, the girliest girl I know.  I love all things pink, fru-fru, and French.  I could shop my way through a trust fund in roughly 3 days, and I can't resist anything with ruffles.  

With this in mind, I would like to show you my dream closet...

I'm not even kidding when I say this, I would give up my entire closet worth of pretty clothes for these 13 blouses (obviously I'd have to keep my pants, skirts, etc. right??).  I have had this image saved on my computer for months, and I re-visit it every time I find myself wearing and buying too much black.  Granted, this isn't exactly a practical closet, but I don't really even care. 

This simple little picture inspired a wardrobe-wide make-over this past weekend.  Sunday was spent reorganizing my entire closet.  I'm pretty picky about how my clothes are arranged.  If I'm going to actually take the time to hang any clothes (which is rare), then they're going to be neatly organized by ROY G. BIV colors and then by hue light to dark and then by sleeve length sleeveless to longsleeves.

No, I promise I'm not ocd.  I just like things done my way.

But for the first time since the 8th grade, I have reorganized my closet.  Now, there is a whole section devoted to "ruffle-y romantic feminine" and the only category that stayed from the former organization is "Black".  
Now, my feminine section is even smaller than the section in this picture, but it's a start.  My new mantra when I shop is "would this fit in my dream closet?"  If I say no, I have to think of at least 3 other things I already own that I would wear it with or I won't buy it.  We'll see how long this lasts... Don't hold me to my word...

No comments:

Post a Comment