Thursday, October 28, 2010

This Lil' Birdie Painted Today

This Lil' Birdie had the day off of work!  And instead of cleaning up her nest, she decorated her nest.  And loved it!!

I have a confession:  I love anything painted this color --


It's called Halcyon Green from Sherwin Williams.  Someday when I get around to finding the pictures, I'll show you how I took an old hand-me-down dresser and turned it into a beautiful statement piece in my living for the tv to adorn.

For now, all you need to know is that I love this color.  Since I rent an apartment and can't paint (sad sad times), I have started using this color as a little accent everywhere around my house.  I have lots and lots of neutral furniture (think browns and khakis) so this little pop of blue is a perfect complement!

Yesterday, I posted a picture of my puppy.  Behind her are the curtains in my living room.  Surprisingly, I bought them 3 years before I ever decided to paint the dresser and found Halcyon Green.  But they are the exact same color, and that damask at the bottom?  It's velvet.

So why am I going on and on about this silly paint color?  Because I got to paint something today, and I think it turned out super super cute!


I've had two of these basic boring brownish cherry frames sitting around the house for way too long now, and an empty wall in the bedroom, so I figured it was time to do something about both problems.  So I decided to paint them.  Halcyon Green.

For the record, I don't use the Sherwin Williams paint.  I use Behr Paint + Primer and it is AMAZING!  I painted an entire dresser + lots of other things and I'm still only halfway through a QUART!!
After the first coat of paint!  Just so you know, this paint photographs a LOT lighter than it is in person.


After the second coat of paint.
I'm not a huge fan of anything that's too perfect, so I took some fine grit sand paper to the frames...

Much better!  I love that it looks like it's old and not from Hobby Lobby anymore!

Finished projects are only complete when it includes a picture of me and my boo!  :)

And that's how this lil' birdie spent her day -- painting her favorite color and framing pictures.  It was a very good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment