Monday, January 10, 2011

This Lil' Birdie is COLD

So in case you didn't know before now, I live in west-central Alabama.  Right across the river from this...
(Picture from Here)
Yep, that's Bryant-Denny Stadium on the University of Alabama's campus.  And we're known for a couple of things around here.  One of them being football.  Another is our "mild climate". (There's lots more... I'll give you a "tour" someday...)

Well, this week started off COLD!  It "snowed" last night (for like .2 seconds) and then spit frozen rain all over our pretty city.  Which means I woke up to this...

I took this picture after my car had been running for 10 or more minutes and I had scraped all of the ice off the windows.  I scraped over an inch of ice off my car and have the battle wounds on my hands to prove it was solid ice (thanks, Dad, for the ice scraper from '93!).  And let me tell you, it's cold in Alabama when the ice on the hood of the car doesn't melt even once the engine is warm.

Me personally, I LOVE winter weather just because I love my winter clothes.  But "winter" around here normally means highs in the 50s, not the 30s.  Every once in a while we'll get a really cold cold front, but for the most part, winter just means fun clothes.  This winter has made me realize why people up north move to Florida.

And for those of you who actually do live in areas of the country that get snow and freezing rain on a normal basis, my heart goes out to you.  Until summer.  Then you need to feel sorry for me and my 100+degree days!

Keep warm, friends, it's cold outside!  I'm going to buy an electric blanket.... or 6!!

Oh, and p..s ROLL DUCKS ROLL!

No comments:

Post a Comment