Saturday, December 10, 2011

This Lil' Birdie is Crafty: Brown Sugar Honey Body Scrub

This Christmas is involving quite a few homemade presents for me.  One of my favorites was given to me a few years ago and I can't stop making it for myself.  So for Christmas gifts this year, I decided to share the love.  (Sweet friends that might get this as a gift from me: just pretend you've never seen this and act surprised, okay?  Okay!)



Here's what you need to have amazingly soft and yummy smelling skin this winter!

1.5 cups of brown sugar
1/2 cup of EVOO
1 tsp vanilla extract (here's your yummy smell)
1 full tablespoon of honey (this is specifically a help for dry skin; you can leave this out if you want, but I LOVE honey!)

Mix it all together and put it in an adorable little mini Ball canning jar (I found mine at Target for less than $5 for a set of 4).  A pert bow, a little scrapbook paper tag (can you tell I haven't made mine yet?) and you've got an adorable gift for neighbor friends, teachers (except in Alabama where our "ethics" law say you can't give teachers gifts anymore), or pretty much anyone!

Don't worry if the oil separates from the honey and sugar, just mix it back in and rub-a-dub-dub!

Linking up with Petite Hermine's Sunday Linky Party and The Girl Creative's "Just Something I Whipped Up" party!

No comments:

Post a Comment